The terms govern everything we do within the collection, processing, and use of data. They also comprise the rights to access, change and delete personal information about you. By utilizing our digital channels, you agree to the terms. If you disagree with the practices that are described in the terms and conditions, you should avoid using our digital channels.
This version (v 1.0) updated 28.2.2018.
A. PRIVACY STATEMENT
Here we define some important concepts:
- Personal information is any information that directly or indirectly can be linked to you as an individual. See the section "What personal information do we treat?" for information on what types of personal data we process.
- Anonymized information is information where we have removed all identifiable elements so that it is no longer possible to link the information to you as an individual.
- Processing of personal data is any use of personal information, including collection, storage, modification, assembly, disclosure and deletion.
- Our "digital channels" includes our websites and other digital services such as blogs, email subscription and registration of information through forms.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The information we collect about you depends on which of our digital channels you use, as well as what information you give us with the purchase, registration or in other contexts.
We collect personal information such as:
- Information you provide us with, when you purchase or register for our services, subscribe to our newsletters and blogs, fill out a form, or contact us.
- Information that is entered automatically when you use our digital channels.
In some cases, we can use this information in social media to show you targeted ads.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE TREAT?
We may process personal information in the following categories:
- Basic information, such as your name, employer, job title and contact information.
- Demographic information, such as date of birth and gender.
- Information about the customer relationship, such as order information, payment information, marketing permissions, and contact customer support.
- Information generated in connection with the use of our digital channels, for example, technical information about the device that you use when you visit our digital channels (including date and time, what kind of PC/mobile phone, operating system and browser you are using, IP addresses, screen size etc.). Read more under the "navigation information" that describes this more thoroughly.
- Information in relation to the identification and the registration of a customer or user, for example, information about the user's identity and password.
- Any other information that is stored based on your consent. When we ask for your consent you will get specific information on what knowledge we store and how we use it..
Our digital channels are not intended for, or directed to children under 13 years of age. We do not deliberately store information about children under 13 years of age. If you believe we have done so, please contact us so that we can delete the information.
4. NAVIGATION INFORMATION
Information about your device's specifications, software and your visit is automatically collected by us. This information may include your IP address, browser type, domain name, Internet service provider, files viewed (HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, access time and from where you arrived at our digital channels.
Tracking pixels (e.g. Clear gifs, web beacons, web bugs)
We use tracking pixels (also called clear gifs, web beacons, web bugs), that help us improve our digital channels, by telling us what content will be displayed. Tracking pixels are small graphics with a unique identifier, similar to the function of cookies, and are used to track the behavior of users on the internet. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on the user's hard drive, tracking pixels are invisibly baked into our digital channels, or in emails. This allows us to measure the effectiveness of our marketing. We link the information we collect from the emails to the customer's personal information.
5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the information that we store about you for the following purposes:
- Deliver services: we process personal information to provide and deliver services to you. Your informationmay for example be used in connection with
- the delivery of the content when you have requested it, for example, e-mail to the recipient who has signed up for the newsletter or subscription to blog updates,
- identification of customers
- invoicing and payment tracking, and
- error correction, customer service and compliant processing.
- Development and analysis: we process personal data in order to improve and further develop our services and digital channels.
- Sales and marketing: we use both the anonymized data and your personal information for marketing purposes. These activities include marketing, including:
- to create target groups for marketing
- to customize and market, for example by providing recommendations or targeted content in our digital channels
- to send newsletter, and other forms of direct marketing when this is allowed
- market analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, etc.
- to correct the contact information against the registrars Facebook, Google and other digital actors so that we can communicate with you and other users through these channels
- Information security and misuse services: We want to be able to process personal information in order to ensure good security in our digital channels. We will also be able to process personal information in order to uncover or prevent different types of abuse.
- Compliance with statutory provisions: we treat your personal information in order to fulfill our statutory duties, eg. in relation to accounting and to provide information for the competent authority when this is imposed on us in accordance with Norwegian legislation.
- Other purposes you have agreed to: we will be able to process your personal information for any other purpose for which you have specifically given us a consent. We process personal information primarily based on consent. When the treatment occurs based on consent, you can withdraw the consent back at any time by written request.
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
The protection of your personal information is a high priority for us, and we are constantly working to protect personal information and other confidential information. Safety work includes both physical, technical and administrative measures, including the protection of personnel, information, IT infrastructure, internal and public networks, as well as office buildings and technical facilities.
Our security work also means that we regularly perform risk assessments and reviews various factors such as available technology, business needs, and requirements. This will ensure that we at all times have sufficient security measures, so that we can prevent, for example, that personal information going astray.
7. WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION to?
We will be able to provide personal information to:
- Data processors who work as subcontractors for us and manage your information on our behalf. Such subcontractors may not use your personal information for any purpose other than to provide the service as agreed with us. We take special precautions to make sure that subcontractors act in accordance with these terms and Norwegian privacy laws, and especially where the data processor is located in a country outside Norway or EU/EEA area.
- Other parties with your consent.
We may also disclose information:
- In statutory cases, for example, by an order from the courts, the police or other public authorities, in accordance with strict predefined processes.
- In connection with the transfer of an enterprise, eg. as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of assets or transfer of services to another company. In this case, you will be notified via email and/or see a notice in our digital channels about any changes in ownership, use of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
8. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will store your personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes specified in the terms and conditions, unless a longer storage period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Personal information is stored as long as you have an active relationship with us or our digital channels, or you ask us to forget about you and delete stored information. We define a relationship to us or our digital channels to;
- be a customer of us,
- have consented to receive marketing information from us,
- actively asked for contact with us via social media, electronic messages or electronic forms,
- has been active in our digital channels after you have given your consent. The relationship is defined as active if it has been exercised in the course of the last 24 months.
Storage of anonymized information are not subject to such restrictions or requirements. We also try to ensure that personal information and other customer information are updated and correct, and that we do not store information that is unnecessary in relation to the purposes of processing personal data.
We may combine information from cookies with other information we have about you and your customer relationships when permitted by applicable law or you have given us your consent.
Our websites may contain links to third party websites, products and services, including social media (such as Facebook's Social Add-ons). Third-party services or third-party applications available on our websites are subject to third party privacy statement. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with these privacy practices.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file stored on the user's device when the user visits a digital channel, such as a website. For example, cookies are used to store your login details or remember information from a page view to another.
Cookies can be useful for both owner and the user of a digital channel. The owner can, for example, customize the service from the information that is stored. For the user, a visit in a digital channel can be perceived as more customized and easy to use.
What cookies are used in our digital channels?
We use the typical information collected by using cookies for the following purposes:
- Functional cookies and services: cookies are important to the operation of our digital channels, and they facilitates a good user experience.
- Service development: cookies help us monitor the use of our digital channels so that we can improve these. For example, we receive information about which pages are most popular, which links one came from or on, and how long users remain on our website.
- Targeting of marketing: using cookies, we can also collect information to target ads or content to a particular user through the use of so-called target groups.
- Google Analytics: web statistics
- Used to track users across multiple pageviews in the context of web analytics.
- Google AdWords: conversion tracking and remarketing
- Used to a) measure conversions tand b) display targeted ads based on content you have seen in our digital channels.
- Facebook: social buttons, conversion tracking and retargeting
- Used to a) display social buttons on digital channels, b) measure conversions and c) display targeted ads based on the content you have read in our channels.
- LinkedIn: social buttons, conversion tracking and retargeting
- Used to display social buttons on digital channels,
- HubSpot: web statistics and profiling
- Used to track users across multiple pageviews for analysis, marketing and sales.
- DoubleClick: targeting of marketing
- Improve your marketing by showing relevant content to users
10. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES?
You are entitled to:
- knowing what information we have registered about you,
- require that the unnecessary, inadequate or outdated personal information be corrected or removed,
- withdraw or restrict any consent to process personal information that you have provided. However, note that this may cause us to no longer be able to deliver some of our services to you,
- disable the collection of data for Google Analytics
- We are committed to lead a responsible and sustainable business. If you believe that we do not follow these terms, conditions or applicable law you may complain to us, or if necessary to the appropriate authority.
11. CHANGES TO the TERMS
As our business and our tools develops, we may have the need to update the terms. We encourage you to review the terms regularly. For greater changes, we will also be able to try to contact you directly through the available channels such as through emails or alerts in our digital channels.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US?
Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group (org. No. 912 779 637), Prinsensgategate 22, 0157 Oslo, is responsible for the management of personal information in accordance with this privacy statement.
By questions and inquiries regarding our treatment of personal information, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. PERMITTED USE
2. PROHIBITED USEBy using our digital channels, you agree that you will not:
- Copy, modify, or imitate the work, deconstruct or dismantle the page, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or allow a third party to do so.
- Sell, assign, sublicense, distribute, commercially exploit, or otherwise transfer rights to, or distribute for a third party, content or services in any way.
- Use or launch an automated system, including, but not limited to, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers" who use the page in a way that sends multiple requests to the server in a given period of time than would be reasonable to assume that a human being can produce using the regualar online browser.
- Use our digital channels in a way that destroys, disables, overloads or degrades channels or interfere with other parties' use and enjoyment of the channels.
- Mirror or include the channels in whole or in part in any other channel.
- Attempt to get unauthorized access to our digital channels.
- Access to our digital channels in a different way than within the framework that Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group offers for access to the channels.
- Use our digital channels for a purpose or in a manner prohibited according to the terms and conditions.
- Any unauthorized use of the content or of the channels that may be in violation of patent, copyright, trademark, and other laws.
3. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
Our digital channels are protected by applicable intellectual property laws and other laws, including laws on the protection of trademarks and copyright. Our digital channels, including all intellectual property rights on the digital channels, belong to and are Noria AS or its licensors (if any) property. Absalon Noria AS /Noria Group has all copyright to the content. If there is no specific permission to use cartain content, the content shall not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, performed, or distributed in any way, and you agree not to modify, rent, loan, sell, distribute, broadcast, or create simulated work of content on the page, in part or in full, in any way. Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group their logo and other marks used by Absalon Noria AS or their subsidiaries from time to time are trademarks and Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group property.
4. INFORMATION AND MATERIAL YOU RECORD AND SHARE WITH US
5. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
6. DOWNLOADING FILES
Noria AS can not guarantee or accept that the files available for download via our digital channels are free from viruses or other harmful computer code, files or programs.
7. DISCLAIMER/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group and our service providers, licensors and suppliers provide no guarantee of our digital channels or contents' suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, security or accuracy. All information, software, products, services and graphics elements are provided "as is", without any warranty.
As far as possible within the given legislation to Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group and their service providers, licensors, or suppliers shall under no circumstances be held liable for any loss or damage of any kind that may arise from or in connection with the use of our digital channels, regardless of whether it is based on a contract, tort, negligence, liability, and even if some of the Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group or its partners have been informed of the possibility of damage.
You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your own behavior in our digital channels. You agree to defend and indemnify, keep Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group, , subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, licensors, employees, agents, and any third-party information services outside damage from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential and indirect damages), and realistic attorney fees as a result of or resulting from the use, misuse or inability to use our digital channels or content, or any violation of these terms and conditions.