The terms govern everything we do within the collection, processing, and use of data. They also comprise the rights to access, change and delete personal information about you. By utilizing our digital channels, you agree to the terms. If you disagree with the practices that are described in the terms and conditions, you should avoid using our digital channels.
This version (v 1.0) updated 28.2.2018.
A. PRIVACY STATEMENT
Here we define some important concepts:
- Personal information is any information that directly or indirectly can be linked to you as an individual. See the section "What personal information?" for information on what types of personal data we process.
- Anonymized information is information where we have removed all identifiable elements so that it is no longer possible to link the information to you as an individual.
- Processing of personal data is any use of personal information, including collection, storage, modification, assembly, disclosure and deletion.
- Our "digital channels" includes our websites and other digital services such as blogs, email subscription and registration of information through forms.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The information we collect about you depends on which of our digital channels you use, as well as what information you give us with the purchase, registration or in other contexts.
We collect personal information such as:
- Information you provide to us for example when you purchase or register for our services, subscribe to our newsletters and blogs, filling out a form, or contact us.
- Information that is entered automatically when you use our digital channels. You have no obligation to provide personal information to us, but if you choose not to, it is possible that we cannot provide you our services, for example, can bill you for the services or send you information you request.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE TREAT?
We may process personal information in the following categories:
- Basic information, such as your name, employer, job title and contact information.
- Demographic information, such as date of birth and gender.
- Information about the customer relationship, such as order information, payment information, marketing permissions, and contact customer support.
- Information generated in connection with the use of our digital channels, for example, technical information about the device that you use when you visit our digital channels (including date and time, what kind of PC/mobile phone, operating system and browser you are using, IP addresses, screen size etc.). Read more under the "navigation information" that describes this more thoroughly.
- Information in relation to the identification and the registration of a customer or user, for example, information about the user's identity and password.
- Any other information that is stored based on your consent. When we ask for your consent you will get specific information on what information we store and what they are used to.
Our digital channels are not intended for or directed to children under 13 years of age. We do not store information about deliberately children under 13 years of age. If you believe we have stored information about a child under 13, please contact us in writing so that we can delete the information.
4. NAVIGATION INFORMATION
Information about your device specs, software and your visit are collected automatically by us. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain name, Internet service provider, files (HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, access time and from where you arrived at our digital channels.
Tracking pixels (e.g. Clear gifs, web beacons, web bugs)
We use tracking pixels (also called clear gifs, web beacons, web bugs), that help us improve our digital channels, by telling us what content will be displayed. Tracking pixels are small graphics with a unique identifier, similar to the function of cookies, and are used to track the behavior of users on the Web. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on the user's hard drive, are tracking pixels invisible baked into our digital channels, or in emails. This allows us to measure the effectiveness of our marketing. We link the information we collect from the emails to the customer's personal information.
5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the information that we store about you for the following purposes:
- Deliver services: we process personal information to provide and deliver services to you. For example, your information be used in connection with
- the delivery of the content when you have requested it, for example, e-mail to the recipient who has signed up for the newsletter or subscription to blog updates,
- identification of customers
- invoicing and payment tracking, and
- error correction, customer service and compliant processing.
- Development and analysis: we process personal data in order to improve and further develop our services and digital channels.
- Sales and marketing: we use both the anonymized data and your personal information for marketing purposes. These activities include marketing, including:
- to create target groups for marketing
- to customize and market, for example by providing recommendations or targeted content in our digital channels
- to send newsletter, and other forms of direct marketing when this is allowed
- market analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, etc.
- to "wash" the contact information against Facebook, Google and other digital players registers so that we can communicate with you and other users through these channels
- Information security and misuse of the services: We will be able to process personal information in order to ensure good security in our digital channels. We will also be able to process personal information in order to uncover or prevent different types of abuse.
- Compliance with law: we treat your personal information in order to fulfill our statutory duties, eg. in relation to accounting and to provide information for the competent authority when this is imposed on us in accordance with Norwegian legislation.
- Other purposes you have agreed to: we will be able to process your personal information for any other purpose for which you have specifically given us a consent. We process personal information primarily based on consent. When the treatment occurs based on consent, you can withdraw the consent back at any time by written request.
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
The protection of your personal information is a high priority for us, and we are constantly working to protect personal information and other confidential information. Safety work includes both physical, technical and administrative measures, including the protection of personnel, information, IT infrastructure, internal and public networks, as well as office buildings and technical facilities.
Security work also means that we regularly perform risk assessments and reviewing various factors such as available technology, business needs, and requirements. This will ensure that we at all times have sufficient security measures, so that we can prevent, for example, that personal information going astray.
7. WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will be able to provide the personal information to:
- Data processors who work as subcontractors to us and manage your information on our behalf. Such subcontractors may not use your personal information for any purpose other than to provide the service as agreed with us. We take special precautions to make sure that subcontractors are acting in accordance with these terms and conditions and Norwegian privacy laws, and especially where the subcontractor is located in a country outside Norway or EU/EEA area.
- Other parties with your consent.
We may also disclose information:
- In statutory cases, for example, by an order from the courts, the police or other public authorities, in accordance with the strict predefined processes.
- In connection with the transfer of an enterprise, eg. as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of assets or transfer of services to another company. In this case, you will be notified via email and/or see an alert in our digital channels of any changes in ownership, the use of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
8. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will store your personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes that are specified in the terms and conditions, unless a longer storage period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Personal information is stored as long as you have an active relationship with us or our digital channels, or you ask us to forget about you and delete stored information about you. We define a relationship to us or our digital channels to (i) be a customer of us, (ii) have consented to receive marketing information from us, (iii) actively asked for contact with us via social media, electronic messages or electronic forms, (iv) has been active in our digital channels after you have given your consent. The relationship is defined as active if it has been exercised in the course of the last 24 months.
Storage of anonymized information are not subject to such restrictions or requirements.
We try to ensure that, in addition to personal information and other customer information is up to date and correct, and that we do not store information that is unnecessary in relation to the purposes of processing of personal data.
We can combine information from cookies with other information we have on file about you and your customer relationships when it is permitted by applicable law or you have given us your consent.
Our sites may contain links to third party websites, products and services, including social media (for example, their Facebook social plug-ins). Third-party services or third-party applications that are available on our Web sites is subject to the third party's privacy statement. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with these third parties' privacy practices.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file stored on the user's device when the user visits a digital channel, such as a website. For example, cookies are used to store your login details or remember information from a page view to another.
Cookies can be useful for both owner and the user of a digital channel. The owner can, for example, customize the service from the information that is stored. For the user, a visit in a digital channel can be perceived as more customized and easy to use.
What cookies are used in our digital channels?
We use the typical information collected by using cookies for the following purposes:
- Functional cookies and service provision: cookies are important to the operation of our digital channels, and they add to the right for a good user experience.
- Service development: cookies helps us to keep track of the use of our digital channels so that we can improve these. We receive information about, for example, which pages are most popular, which links one came from or follows on, as well as how long users will remain on our website.
- Targeting of marketing: with the help of cookies, we may also collect information to correct ads or content against a specific user through the use of so-called target groups.
- Google Analytics: web statistics
- Used to track users across multiple page views in the context of web analytics.
- Google AdWords: conversion tracking and remarketing
- Used for measure conversions to a) and b) display targeted ads-based content you have seen in our digital channels.
- Facebook: social buttons, conversion tracking and retargeting
- Used to a) view the social buttons on digital channels, b) measure conversions and c) display targeted ads based on the content you have read in our channels.
- LinkedIn: social buttons, conversion tracking and retargeting
- Used to a) view the social buttons on digital channels, b) measure conversions and c) display targeted ads based on the content you have read in our channels.
- HubSpot: web statistics and profiling
- Used to track users across multiple page views in connection with analysis, marketing and sales.
- DoubleClick: targeting of marketing
- Improve your marketing by showing what is relevant to a user.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES?
You have the right to:
- know what information we have filed about you,
- require that the erroneous, unnecessary, inadequate or outdated personal information be corrected or removed,
- withdraw or restrict any consent to process personal information you may have provided to us. However, note that this can cause that we no longer can deliver some of our services to you,
- disable the collection of data for Google Analytics
- We are committed to lead a responsible and sustainable business. If you believe that we do not follow these terms and conditions or applicable law you can complain to us, or to the appropriate authority.
11. CHANGES TO TERMS
As our business and our tools develops, we may have the need to update the terms. We encourage you to review the terms regularly. For greater changes, we will also be able to try to contact you directly through the available channels such as through emails or alerts in our digital channels.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US?
Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group (org. No. 912 779 637), Prinsensgategate 22, 0157 Oslo, is responsible for the management of personal information in accordance with this privacy statement.
By questions and inquiries regarding our treatment of personal information, you can contact us by email at email@example.com.
1. PERMITTED USE
2. PROHIBITED USEBy using our digital channels, you agree that you will not:
- Copy, modify, or imitate the work, deconstruct or dismantle the page, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or allow a third party to do so.
- Sell, assign, sublicense, distribute, commercially exploit, or otherwise transfer rights to, or distribute for a third party, content or services in any way.
- Use or start an automated system, including, but not limited to, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers" who are using the page in a way that sends more requests to the server in a given period of time than would be reasonable to assume that a human being can produce using the usual online Web browser.
- Use our digital channels in a way that destroys, disable, overload or degrades the channels or interfere with other party's use and enjoyment of the channels.
- Mirror or include the channels completely or in part in any other channel.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our digital channels.
- Access to our digital channels in a different way than within the framework that Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group offers for access to the channels.
- Make use of our digital channels for a purpose or in a way that is forbidden according to the terms and conditions.
- Any unauthorized use of the content or of the channels that may be in violation of patent, copyright, trademark, and other laws.
3. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
Our digital channels are protected by applicable intellectual property laws and other laws, including laws on the protection of trademarks and copyright. Our digital channels, including all intellectual property rights on the digital channels, belong to and are Noria AS or its licensors (if any) property. Absalon Noria AS /Noria Group has all copyright to the content. If it is not given specific permission to use specific content, the content is not copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, performed, or distributed in any way, and you agree not to modify, rent, loan, sell, distribute, broadcast, or create simulated work of content on the page, in part or in full, in any way. Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group their logo and other marks used by Absalon Noria AS or their subsidiaries from time to time are trademarks and Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group property.
4. INFORMATION AND MATERIAL YOU RECORD AND SHARE WITH US
5. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
6. DOWNLOADING FILES
Noria AS cannot guarantee or stand within the files that are available for download via our digital channels are free of viruses or other harmful computer code, files or programs.
7. DISCLAIMER/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group and our service providers, licensors and suppliers make no warranty for our digital channel or the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, security or accuracy. All information, software, products, services and graphics are provided "as is", without warranty of any kind.
As far as possible within the given legislation to Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group and their service providers, licensors, or suppliers do not under any circumstances be liable for any loss or damage of any kind that may arise from or in connection with the use of our digital channels, regardless of whether it is based on a contract, tort, negligence, liability, and even if some of the Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group or its partners has been advised of the possibility of damage.
You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your own behavior in our digital channels. You agree to defend and indemnify, keep Absalon Noria AS / Noria Group, , subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, licensors, employees, agents, and any third-party information services outside damage from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential and indirect damages), and realistic attorney fees as a result of or resulting from the use, misuse or inability to use our digital channels or content, or any violation of these terms and conditions.